Thursday, March 4, 2010

thoughts on a chilly day

My training for the 25k has been going quite well. I have been getting in adequate training runs, and having a blast doing them! I found a nice run for sopping wet days starting in Elk Creek, and running out around the Stony Gorge Reservoir. It has a few short steep hills, and a nice 2 mile gradual hill. I might do that run today, because we got and inch and a half or rain/hail/slush/precipitation yesterday. Good ole' Calamity Jane has been my trusty running partner. I have found that I have a lot of time to pray on these runs, and that is so nice! I am learning what an important part prayer takes in the life of a person who seeks to abide in Christ. More on the thought of abiding later- it's been on my mind a lot.

Speaking of abiding, I just finished writing Romans, 1st 2nd and 3rd John, and Jude. I cannot stress how much of a blessing it has been!! Try it. I will also write more later on what I've learned.

Shaun was here for a month, which was awesome!! Besides the scare of finding out that we could possibly be related (which I am pretty sure we are not....) we have had an awesome time. It's been great getting to know eachother more, and working together, and relaxing together, and pouring over the Word together. He is now in the air on his way to Alaska, where he will be starting his new job. We praise the Lord for that!

My seeester Michelle was also just here for the weekend. We got word last friday that she will be deployed to Iraq sometime next month. I'm gonna miss her a lot, but I am excited to see how the Lord uses her there! She is a cool chic, that one! We had a nice time running together.

I really need to go feed the cows, the wind is kicking up, and it looks like more rain is coming. It's gonna be a cold rain...I might not run today. Then again I might.

No comments:

Post a Comment