Wednesday, February 24, 2010

lacing up the saucony hurricanes

And so I embark on yet another grand adventure. This one is a relay race- 50k- with my friend Stephen Ferguson. He will run half, and I will run half...(16.5 miles) It is exactly 2 months from today. Today I put in a nice 40 min run on hilly trails. It was pretty mucky out because of yesterday's rain, so my pace was slowed a bit because of that. I felt great and had plenty of energy left when I got back. I had a nice salmon sandwich on wheat bread for lunch. It hit the spot!!

Also- I am almost done writing Romans! I am on the last chapter, which I will (Lord Willing) finish today. I am planning on doing 1,2&3 John next. What an amazing blessing this has turned out to be!!

Also- Shaun has been here for the past month-ish, which has been awesome! We've never spent this much time together, and it has been really great. We've gotten a lot of stuff done around the ranch, and he has gotten to know my wonderful Grandparents (mom's side) quite well, as he stays with them at night. He is an encouragement to me, and although I beat him in the card game speed ALL the time, I still like him quite a bit ;-) hehe

Oh, and speaking of wonderful grandparents, my other wonderful grandparents (dad's folks) have been having a rough week, and I would really value your prayers for them. My grandma is only 39, how cool is that!! ;-)

AND!! My sister is coming home for the weekend!!! YEAH!!! I hope that us crazy sisters (one of whom is airborne) can go night skiing this Sat. with Lee and Shaun! (and anyone else who wants to tag along)

No comments:

Post a Comment