Monday, February 22, 2010

I left the Rock

Dear God, its been a while since we've had a little talk
Cause Lord, I've stumbled on my walk
Father, I'm sorry, I left the Rock
Doubt began to fill my mind, my flesh reached out for sand
I thought to know the sand might make the rock mean more
But now I'm face down of the floor
Father, help me, Ive never needed you more

I looked for the sand, but found it not
I began to confuse it for the Rock
At first the sand was deep and the rock has no resemblance
So I struggled through for a little while
Then washed by a wave, turned hard as tile

It felt great! Another wave, another day, a farther mile...
I lost the Rock

Under my feet were such different things,
They must have lost their feeling.
What is the sand, what is the Rock,
I found by searching I know them not!

So Savior, hear this pitiful cry
Have mercy on this hypocritical child
And please give me what I deserve not,
And place me back upon the Rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment